Spiced Peanut Butter and Banana Sandwich.
YUM. Quick to make. Easy. Filling. Satisfying.
I made a few changes to make this recipe a little healthier/easier. I used seeded wheat bread & I omitted the honey. I only used 1/2 a banana on each sandwich as well. Feel free to use a whole banana though!
Healthy Spiced Peanut Butter & Banana Sandwich Recipe:
- 2 slices whole grain bread
- 1/2 banana, sliced (or 1 banana if you love bananas!)
- 1 tablespoon peanut butter
- a dash of ground cinnamon
- drizzle of honey (optional)
- a small dab of butter or dairy-free butter, at room temperature (optional)
- a dash of cinnamon & sugar (optional)
- Lay out 2 slices of bread on a cutting board.
- Spread both slices of bread with peanut butter (~1/2 tablespoon on each slice). Set one aside.
- Take one slice and top with sliced bananas, and sprinkle with cinnamon. Then drizzle with honey, if desired. Place the reserved slice of bread on top.
- Brush top and bottom of sandwich with room temperature butter, if desired.
- If you own an electric sandwich maker or Panini press, place sandwich inside for 2½ to 3½ minutes. If you do not have a sandwich press, place sandwich in a sauté pan on top of your stove, set at medium heat; and cook for just a couple minutes on each side.
- If you’re adding the cinnamon sugar: While cooking, combine cinnamon and the sugar in small bowl.
- Remove sandwich and while still hot, season liberally with cinnamon and sugar, if desired.
- Cut in half and serve while hot.
Original Recipe: Spiced Peanut Butter, Banana, and Honey Sandwich.